MasterVAGTech

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Country flag
I would love to see a Scout branded accessory battery pack that is portable and can either extend range or be used camp side to power devices and cooking. They could come in a variety of sizes and strap down in the frunk or trunk/bed. Available in various sizes for different purposes. Throw in some solar panels and your 4x4 can go (more) off grid!

Golfguy

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JK
Country flag

Phil0110

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Country flag
I want it too, but I take with me a generator on the trips. I can recommend the Yamaha or Honda generator https://www.propaneva.com/best-yamaha-generator/ any of these. I have Yamaha EF2200iS Inverter. It has some advantages and disadvantages compared to the ever popular Honda EU2200i. I have used both generators, but ended up buying this Yamaha for my own use. The Yamaha has a fuel gauge, power load meter, better carry handles, tool-less access panel, tool-less carburetor drain, and by most measures a longer run time per tank of gas. The Honda is quieter, lighter, and smaller. Prices are very similar but it seems the Yamaha is often a little cheaper. Both are very easy to start and maintain. You can't really go wrong either way, but I feel you get a little more for your money with the Yamaha.

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Country flag
Over on the Scout Motors forums, there was an idea that was proposed that an E-Jerry Can could be an option. With the idea that Scout has "Scout-posts" instead of dealerships, where an owner can swap out their E-Jerry Can for another (like a Blue Rhino propane swap) or charge up their own.

OP
OP
MasterVAGTech

MasterVAGTech

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I want it too, but I take with me a generator on the trips. I can recommend the Yamaha or Honda generator https://www.propaneva.com/best-yamaha-generator/ any of these. I have Yamaha EF2200iS Inverter. It has some advantages and disadvantages compared to the ever popular Honda EU2200i. I have used both generators, but ended up buying this Yamaha for my own use. The Yamaha has a fuel gauge, power load meter, better carry handles, tool-less access panel, tool-less carburetor drain, and by most measures a longer run time per tank of gas. The Honda is quieter, lighter, and smaller. Prices are very similar but it seems the Yamaha is often a little cheaper. Both are very easy to start and maintain. You can't really go wrong either way, but I feel you get a little more for your money with the Yamaha.
Doesn't this defeat the purpose of an EV? If you bring a generator and fuel, you might as well just get a Jeep or a Bronco.

OP
OP
MasterVAGTech

MasterVAGTech

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Over on the Scout Motors forums, there was an idea that was proposed that an E-Jerry Can could be an option. With the idea that Scout has "Scout-posts" instead of dealerships, where an owner can swap out their E-Jerry Can for another (like a Blue Rhino propane swap) or charge up their own.
I love this idea! They could have pre-charged packs and they are swapped at a charging stating. I hope they do something like this!

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Country flag
I love this idea! They could have pre-charged packs and they are swapped at a charging stating. I hope they do something like this!
Well, the admin over there (actual Scout Motors employee) seemed to like the idea of Scoutposts even if they aren't a dealership. A place to charge up the vehicle, charge up the human with some grub and swag, and swap/charge any backup power packs. Someone proposed the ubiquitous Jerry can that would be a fuel cell.

It wouldn't be sufficient for a full charge, but neither is the traditional Jerry can. It is just enough to relieve range anxiety whether that fuel is traditional gas or electrons.