2026 Scout EV Price Estimate?? Hope and dream of affordability!

MnLakeBum

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Bronco, ‘18 Range Rove Diesel, ‘15 Tesla
Country flag
The VW ID4 (for 2023 assembled in Tennessee) starts under $38,000. No reason that a Scout EV should be that much more other than beefed up suspension and drivetrain and the inevitable inflation until the 2026 delivery date.

Note: final significant assembly of the ID4 will qualify it for federal tax credits, which are quite a bit higher for business use than consumer.

And other homegrown EV suv/pickup such as Canoo which will be built in Oklahoma and, as far as projected to start under $40,000 there will be no reason that a Scout should cost the same as a Tesla
The cheapest ID4 with AWD is $46,295 so I’d guess a starting price something near that as it’s 4WD system will be more expensive to manufacture. The ID4 AWD has a rated range of 255 miles with a 82kw battery but a Scout will be less aerodynamic so I’ll guess more like a 230 mile range and obviously that goes down quite a bit in colder weather and if driven at speeds over 65mph.

Tesla has had to raise prices in the last couple of years as raw material costs for batteries are way up and those prices are predicted to keep rising.

FWIW, I’d be happy with a 200 mile range for a Scout as I don’t drive farther than that in one day. I love the lower operating cost and long term reliability of my 2015 Tesla and also love that I never have to stop and fill up. Every morning I’ve got a full “tank”.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/18/ev-...spike-as-raw-material-shortages-drags-on.html

Last edited:

volswagn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Wrangler JK, 2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Country flag
The VW ID4 (for 2023 assembled in Tennessee) starts under $38,000. No reason that a Scout EV should be that much more other than beefed up suspension and drivetrain and the inevitable inflation until the 2026 delivery date.
SUV's are where companies make their profits, but with the price of EV raw materials, could be slimmer margins. My guess is this is an "all-in, out-the-door" base price $55K vehicle nicely equipped, with options up to $90K or so. Should we have a poll? ;)

I hope it comes in at $40K, but I'm thinking this is kind of a cross-shop with the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe, although I admit I haven't read much on this vehicle beyond the initial PR. Very stoked though. My dad had two Scouts growing up. I hope this is more reliable LOL.

graham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX570
Country flag
If previous EV introductions are any indication, they will probably release the quad-battery, 8-motor, fully vegan-incrusted leather interior, etc. model before the "normal" one. But still hoping for a reasonable launch price, especially given the potential long lead time if they start accepting orders within the next year.

Scout What?

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Country flag
You all are breaking my heart. I am hoping for a base price in the mid-30s and for it to go up from there. One can dream.
Prices will go down when people stop overpaying for cars.