2026 Scout EV Price Estimate?? Hope and dream of affordability!

MasterVAGTech

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Country flag
I would love to add an electric vehicle that is capable to the garage. I hope that the price is not so crazy. Remember VW, the Scout was a working person's truck. Let's hope it stays that way. Does anyone know a ballpark price range?

broadicustomworks

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Badlands Bronco, 2019 Z71, 94 Cobra
Country flag
It would be great if the base price was no more than mid-40's, have more options above and beyond that that add power/options/comforts.
I mean, we all would LOVE a base price lower than that.
But with what stuff costs, I think even that is an aggressive move.
Make it a bare-bones 4wd with some usable off-road capability, minimal frills.
Add in heated seats, steering wheel, premium sound, luxury touches for subsequent trims.

My bet, personally, is that we will see a base intro price of $48K-55K. Total conjecture on my part.

OP
OP
MasterVAGTech

MasterVAGTech

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seems like no worthwhile 4x4 is less than $50k these days so I think you're in the right range. I'm not sure they have been clear about where the Scout fits in. Is it smaller, like a Jimmy or a Samurai? Or is it bigger like a Wrangler or Bronco? I feel like the original scouts were not huge vehicles so it might be cool to have an EV 4x4 in that smaller category. I have a Bronco and I love it. But if I lived close to trails, I would love to have a little EV run around little fun machine that can do some trail riding. Super excited to see where they go!

LoneWolfo6

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
Seems like no worthwhile 4x4 is less than $50k these days so I think you're in the right range. I'm not sure they have been clear about where the Scout fits in. Is it smaller, like a Jimmy or a Samurai? Or is it bigger like a Wrangler or Bronco? I feel like the original scouts were not huge vehicles so it might be cool to have an EV 4x4 in that smaller category. I have a Bronco and I love it. But if I lived close to trails, I would love to have a little EV run around little fun machine that can do some trail riding. Super excited to see where they go!
To compete with VW, Tesla needs to do a small EV Truck outside the CT. Like a Model Y with a bed. Like Hyundai Santa Cruz, or Subaru Brat. Lol

9B584AB9-AAEA-4E3A-88B6-BC78B9693AE9.jpeg

C44E4276-6225-4A6B-891C-5E2205C7CFD8.jpeg

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW X4
Country flag
The VW ID4 (for 2023 assembled in Tennessee) starts under $38,000. No reason that a Scout EV should be that much more other than beefed up suspension and drivetrain and the inevitable inflation until the 2026 delivery date.

Note: final significant assembly of the ID4 will qualify it for federal tax credits, which are quite a bit higher for business use than consumer.

And other homegrown EV suv/pickup such as Canoo which will be built in Oklahoma and, as far as projected to start under $40,000 there will be no reason that a Scout should cost the same as a Tesla

ADK Scout

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 MachE4 23 Mini SE, 09 Forester
Country flag
Hopefully a offroad capable and tow capable EV with some range. Don't want to get in the backcountry and have a dead battery. OH, and a power source for a winch.

FastAndLight

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Volvo XC90, 00 BMW M5, 88 BMW 3
Country flag
Whomever does the above will sell units. My opinion.
Don't tell folks what they are going to buy, give them options.
Agreed, but not optimistic that it will happen.

The current average new car price in the US is $48k. I don't see how, in 4 years, VW releases this for less than mid $50k. The ID4 comparison is interesting and gives hope that they may have aggressive entry pricing, but that will be for a stripped out, low range, base model.

I think options from the factory and a robust aftermarket are the way to go for vehicles like this. Hopefully VW is listening.

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW X4
Country flag
Hopefully a offroad capable and tow capable EV with some range. Don't want to get in the backcountry and have a dead battery. OH, and a power source for a winch.
They, and every other EV manufacturer could take a lesson from dirt bikes, specifically where the tank wraps over the frame and you have a built in reserve. A built-in battery reserve that when your range has dropped to zero you can flip a switch and go another 40 miles back to civilizatiion

OP
OP
MasterVAGTech

MasterVAGTech

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They, and every other EV manufacturer could take a lesson from dirt bikes, specifically where the tank wraps over the frame and you have a built in reserve. A built-in battery reserve that when your range has dropped to zero you can flip a switch and go another 40 miles back to civilizatiion
I was thinking something similar. It would be really cool if they had modular battery packs you can add to extend range or be a backup. They could strap down in the frunk or trunk.

Last edited:

Kirnma

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Bronco
Country flag
You all are breaking my heart. I am hoping for a base price in the mid-30s and for it to go up from there. One can dream.