Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JK
Country flag
Automotive news' just interviewed Scout CEO Scott Keogh, in which he confirms:
  • Scout EV SUV and Pickup will debut in Q3 2024
  • Scout SUV will be a large B SUV
  • Scout Pickup will be a full-size pickup
  • Completely unique ground-up developed platform that's "100 percent capable, American, robust, full platform" (not a retooled VW MEB platform)
  • Platform's design was already completed via CAD and on paper
  • Design of the Scout EV product is 85-95% complete
  • Production will occur in South Carolina, US (despite Magna Steyr's involvement in development). Scout engineers are "driving" the development
  • Scout SUV EV will launch first, then the Scout Pickup 6-7 months after

Some quotes:

"What we are pushing for is what I would call a sort of large B SUV and then a full-size pickup," said Keogh.​
"Since Scout was iconically a rugged SUV brand, that's what we'll bring to life first," he clarified. "Scout did do a pickup truck and we'll launch that, let's say, six, seven months after."​
"It's a completely unique platform — ground up being engineered and developed. The first thing we wanted to clear with this is to make sure this platform was credible."​
"This is 100 percent capable, American, robust, full platform."​
"The design of the product is, I would say, 85, 90, 95 percent of the way there."​

SgtSweatySac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Silverado, 2021 Model 3 SR+
Country flag
After the shitshow that has been the Cybertruck release, please....let the pickup be something that the everyman can afford...

Signing Spock

Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (San Antonio, TX originally)
Country flag
I think if the Scout EVs come in under the Rivian’s current price range, they’ll have success. If the pickup is cheaper than the F150 Lightning that’d be even better (as those apparently aren’t doing too well).

I’ll be curious what the Silverado EV and Ram Rev cost, and if the Scout EV pickup will be competitive or not.

My concern is that these will be such a collector/niche market that they’ll want to charge an arm and a leg, making them unaffordable/impractical. I’m hoping I’m not right though.