volswagn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Wrangler JK, 2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Country flag
The marketing is a little out of control here, but I hope they don't miss. Also, if 2-door Jeeps really are going away as rumored this week, I don't think I'll have much loyalty to the Jeep brand beyond its legacy, so I'm open to whoever offers a 4wd EV that's more compact than a 4-door JL.

bek

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler, Ford Bronco
Country flag
The marketing is a little out of control here, but I hope they don't miss. Also, if 2-door Jeeps really are going away as rumored this week, I don't think I'll have much loyalty to the Jeep brand beyond its legacy, so I'm open to whoever offers a 4wd EV that's more compact than a 4-door JL.
Where did you hear 2-door Jeeps are going away? I really cannot imagine that.

If they're going to reinvigorate the Scout lineup, it better be a convertible truck. Otherwise, it's just going to be another truck or SUV on the road, nothing special, and they'll have squandered the Scout brand.

volswagn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Wrangler JK, 2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Country flag
Where did you hear 2-door Jeeps are going away? I really cannot imagine that.
It's been all over YouTube based on rumors that spread at the latest Jeep sales conference, so just a rumor for now. Jeep is "electrifying" their entire lineup by I forget what date - a few years from now. The thought is that the 2-door makes up about 10-15% of Wrangler sales now, and I had heard they couldn't make the 2-door into 4xe because of the transmission and batteries. They're also not mixing the manuals with the 4xe, so the (often recalled) manual transmission will likely be the first thing to go because it doesn't mate with the 4xe, followed by the 2-door model because they can't "hybridize" it and don't sell many of them anyway.

It's not unprecedented. They recently stopped selling them in Europe.

I agree it's hard to imagine them not having the most traditional, iconic looking vehicle in their catalog anymore, but I suppose it's a possibility. The other argument against the rumor is that the Magneto was presented as a 2-door.

And I wholly agree on the convertible aspect of the Scout, but I wonder, since the "teaser" images look very much like solid tops.

Last edited: